Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flame

I had a dream about the sun - 14"x11", acrylic and collage

A painting for my Art Motivation Group; this weeks' theme - flame.  I really did have a dream about this painting. It was on a wall and a bunch of us we talking about it. But it was big, really big; much bigger than this. So I'm considering this a study because it doesn't feel finished or big enough for me. I'm going to do another one on paper, but I really feel like this needs to be an art quilt.

Some details

4 comments:

kristen said...

love this one!

aimee said...

great painting! and i love the title of your blog; with two children and the artistic fire to manage, you couldn't have said it better!

Bella Sinclair said...

Wow, great sun! I love all the patterns. This would be mighty impressive BIG. Do the numbers have any special significance?

Play at Life Fiber Arts said...

no - I just like how text looks!