Thursday, July 29, 2010

Performer

Always Performing - 14"x11" Acrylic and Collage


Finished this one for ARN. I rarely go back to a piece. I usually put it aside and move on. But with the annual group show coming up, I really need pieces to contribute!

I'm not sure it's entirely successful, but I'm ok with it. The last "real" painting I did was for Salad months ago. I want to get back into doing self portraits using all the collage, transfer and textural techniques I've learned over the last several years.

I had a bunch of self portrait ideas lined up just after graduation, but then shit hit the fan with Boy#1's behavior, pregnancy, birth, and finally Boy#1's diagnosis with Asperger's. It's taken me 6 years to get back to the point where I feel like painting something personal.

No comments: